Ipswich: Mystery unravels surrounding 38-year-old’s death
IPSWICH: A woman found collapsed in a street near the town centre has died in hospital.
The 38-year-old was found near Black Horse Lane on Wednesday evening. She was taken to Ipswich Hospital but died there yesterday.
Police have described her death as “unexplained” and have asked anyone who saw her between 7pm and 8.10pm on Wednesday to contact them on phone number 101.
A spokeswoman said a post mortem would take place to establish the cause of death and a report will be prepared for the Coroner.
The woman was known to staff at the Ipswich Umbrella Trust which works with people with addiction problems and is based in Black Horse Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Trust chairman Roger Fern said everyone there had been saddened to hear about her collapse, and knew that she was very seriously ill.
He said: “I knew her first name. She was not local – She originally came from Ireland and had been in Ipswich for a few months. During that time she became known to us.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
He did not know if she had any next of kin, and said she had several addiction problems.
“There was a meeting of the Trust board on Thursday morning and that was very subdued after we heard about this. I am sure the mood will be sad again when people hear this news,” he added.
Did you know the dead woman? Do you want to pay a tribute? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org