Ipswich: Mystery unravels surrounding 38-year-old’s death
IPSWICH: A woman found collapsed in a street near the town centre has died in hospital.
The 38-year-old was found near Black Horse Lane on Wednesday evening. She was taken to Ipswich Hospital but died there yesterday.
Police have described her death as “unexplained” and have asked anyone who saw her between 7pm and 8.10pm on Wednesday to contact them on phone number 101.
A spokeswoman said a post mortem would take place to establish the cause of death and a report will be prepared for the Coroner.
The woman was known to staff at the Ipswich Umbrella Trust which works with people with addiction problems and is based in Black Horse Lane.
Trust chairman Roger Fern said everyone there had been saddened to hear about her collapse, and knew that she was very seriously ill.
He said: “I knew her first name. She was not local – She originally came from Ireland and had been in Ipswich for a few months. During that time she became known to us.”
- 1 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 2 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 3 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Ipswich MP renews support for food van fighting council's plans
- 10 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
He did not know if she had any next of kin, and said she had several addiction problems.
“There was a meeting of the Trust board on Thursday morning and that was very subdued after we heard about this. I am sure the mood will be sad again when people hear this news,” he added.
Did you know the dead woman? Do you want to pay a tribute? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com