A14 rush-hour tailbacks as four cars crash
- Credit: TRAFFIC CAMERAS UK
Firefighters, paramedics and police are at the scene of a four-car crash on the A14 in Suffolk, causing miles of traffic just as the Friday night rush hour gets underway.
The crash was first reported to Suffolk police officers about 3.20pm when two vehicles collided on the westbound carriageway, close to junction 51 at the A140, between Claydon and Needham Market
The roof of one car is being cut off to free the driver, the fire service have said.
Traffic on the eastbound carriageway is moving slowly close to the scene as well.
The road was closed until 5.05pm, with delayed drivers now able to finish their commutes.
You may also want to watch:
The large volume of cars on the road has left traffic queueing as far back as Claydon and junction 53.
Suffolk Highways are currently warning drivers that delays of up to an additional 30 minutes are to be expected on the westbound carriageway.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich