Ipswich: New food and drink market to take place in Cromwell Square
A NEW market is set to celebrate all things ‘foodie’ in the town.
The Food and Drink of Ipswich will be the town’s very first dedicated food and drink market.
As part of Celebrate Ipswich, which runs from August 13 to 24, Cromwell Square will see the arrival of businesses from across the town and the wider Suffolk area.
The new market is the brainchild of Cathy Frost, owner of Loveone, Richard Everitt, Bar K proprietor, Ipswich Central and Ipswich Borough Council.
It will run from August 18 to 19, alongside the Maritime Ipswich festival, turning St Peter’s Street and St Nicholas Street into a hive of activity – with a street market full of vintage, retro and unique items.
The Food and Drink market will feature a pop-up kitchen, demonstrations from chefs, tasters from Ipswich restaurants as well as stalls from businesses including JamGouDou, Alder Tree Ice Cream and Munchy Seeds.
Cathy Frost said: “The idea for this all stemmed from the St Peter’s Street market three years ago. It has been such a success and we’ve been overwhelmed by the support we’ve received, so it seemed like a natural progression to develop another type of market – this time focusing on the fantastic food that Ipswich has to offer.”
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
Councillor Bryony Rudkin added: “Celebrating all that is local is something in which we take great pride. We want to drive people from the Waterfront into the town, and back again, during Maritime Ipswich and these two markets will be a fantastic draw.”
What do you think about the new market?