Ipswich: New landlord is one of the county’s youngest
IPSWICH: Just a few years ago Dale Finch was a pot washer at a restaurant in Cardinal Park.
Five years on and the 25-year-old is now the proud new landlord of the Masons Arms in Victoria Street – making him one of the youngest in the county.
A party to mark his new role was held at the pub this weekend and included a jazz band and buffet.
Now Dale says he is now ready to get to work.
“This is such a good opportunity and now I’m trying to get people to know where we are,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m trying to bring new things in and I’ve been asking regulars what they would like to see.
“Everyone’s always chatty and welcoming to you – it’s a nice place to drink a good range of ales.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
Dale, who used to work at Frankie and Bennys restaurant, has now moved in to the pub with his fiancee, Samantha Archer, and their five-month-old daughter, Ruby.
Dale was offered the job by his soon-to-be father-in-law, Jon Archer, and he is confident he can make the pub a success.
“Jon said ‘do you think you could run this pub’ and I said yes.
“I’ve got confidence in myself – I wouldn’t have taken it if I didn’t think I could do it.”
n Are you starting out on a new or unusual career path? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or you can send an e-mail to us at eveningstar firstname.lastname@example.org
n Ipswich landlord toasts top pub gong – page 17