Ipswich: New landlord is one of the county’s youngest
IPSWICH: Just a few years ago Dale Finch was a pot washer at a restaurant in Cardinal Park.
Five years on and the 25-year-old is now the proud new landlord of the Masons Arms in Victoria Street – making him one of the youngest in the county.
A party to mark his new role was held at the pub this weekend and included a jazz band and buffet.
Now Dale says he is now ready to get to work.
“This is such a good opportunity and now I’m trying to get people to know where we are,” he said.
“I’m trying to bring new things in and I’ve been asking regulars what they would like to see.
“Everyone’s always chatty and welcoming to you – it’s a nice place to drink a good range of ales.”
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 9 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
Dale, who used to work at Frankie and Bennys restaurant, has now moved in to the pub with his fiancee, Samantha Archer, and their five-month-old daughter, Ruby.
Dale was offered the job by his soon-to-be father-in-law, Jon Archer, and he is confident he can make the pub a success.
“Jon said ‘do you think you could run this pub’ and I said yes.
“I’ve got confidence in myself – I wouldn’t have taken it if I didn’t think I could do it.”
n Are you starting out on a new or unusual career path? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or you can send an e-mail to us at eveningstar email@example.com
n Ipswich landlord toasts top pub gong – page 17