How NHS workers can get bus tickets for half price in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich bus company is offering half-price tickets to NHS workers.
Ipswich Buses began offering the 50% discount on April 1 to workers at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals.
A statement on Ipswich Buses website reads: "In partnership with the East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, Ipswich Buses are delighted to be able to offer ESNEFT employees discounted bus travel.
"A 50% discount is now available on our 7-day, 28-day, 6-month, 12-month and 10 journey tickets from 1st April 2022.
"If you would like to purchase a discounted bus ticket then please speak to the travel team at Ipswich or Colchester Hospital.
"The travel team will then provide you with a code which you can then use on the Ipswich Buses APP."
NHS staff who do not have a smartphone or use the APP can still purchase a discounted ticket by taking their ID and last wage or authority slip to Ipswich Buses travel team or shop in Tower Ramparts.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 8 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 10 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
Ipswich Buses will then upload the chosen ticket onto a smartcard.
More info can be found on the Ipswich Buses website.