Cheeky squirrel wins this week’s Ipswich Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This rambling rodent snapped through tree branches in Christchurch Park is this week’s winning picture.
This week’s winner, Steve Poole (@nikon_nature101) caught a glimpse of the grey squirrel while walking through the park near Ipswich town centre on Saturday, March 2.
Mr Poole, who won with his first ever entry, said: “I noticed the squirel watching me through the bushes, so I sat on the nearest log and waited for it come into shot.
“I only managed one shot before it scurried away into the undergrowth.
“Nature inspires me and in the next few months I will be getting out and about to the many wonderful locations this county has to offer in the hunt for that special picture.”
You may also want to watch:
Entries for next week’s competition are now open and can be submitted on Instagram by adding the #IpswichPOTW.
Winning photos will be shared online, on our Instagram page and here in the newspaper every Friday.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk