Waterfront artwork wins this week’s Picture of the Week competition
- Credit: JESS MAN
The winning photo for our weekly Instagram competition highlights Ipswich waterfront’s industrial past and bright future.
The picture, taken by amateur photographer Jess Man (@lunaphotography.x) shows commissioned artwork between iconic waterfront landmarks The Mill and The Winerack.
Jess said: “I was walking along Ipswich docks and was surrounded by big modern buildings and what stood out to me the most was the tatty structure and graffiti on the wall, so I decided to get my camera out and take a snap.”
The artwork in the area originally began in 2011, when the Ipswich Art School announced plans to create a never ending mural, becoming a prominent feature of the docks.
Entries are now open for next week’s instalment of our weekly Instagram competition, where the winner can find their photo shared on our website, Instagram page and in our newspaper.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, simply post your photo with the #IpswichPOTW.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders