Waterfront artwork wins this week’s Picture of the Week competition
- Credit: JESS MAN
The winning photo for our weekly Instagram competition highlights Ipswich waterfront’s industrial past and bright future.
The picture, taken by amateur photographer Jess Man (@lunaphotography.x) shows commissioned artwork between iconic waterfront landmarks The Mill and The Winerack.
Jess said: “I was walking along Ipswich docks and was surrounded by big modern buildings and what stood out to me the most was the tatty structure and graffiti on the wall, so I decided to get my camera out and take a snap.”
The artwork in the area originally began in 2011, when the Ipswich Art School announced plans to create a never ending mural, becoming a prominent feature of the docks.
Entries are now open for next week’s instalment of our weekly Instagram competition, where the winner can find their photo shared on our website, Instagram page and in our newspaper.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, simply post your photo with the #IpswichPOTW.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 4 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 7 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 Proposal for 73 park homes on former business park site