Ipswich police chase ends in gun and drugs arrests after Ford Focus driver hit police motorbike
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit in Ipswich ended with two people being arrested for a series of alleged firearms, drugs and driving offences.
At around 1.50pm today (August 31) officers had cause to stop a vehicle on Bell Lane, Kesgrave, a police spokeswoman said.
The blue Ford Focus car failed to stop and then collided with a police motorcycle before driving off.
A short pursuit took place involving the police motorcyclist before the vehicle was brought to a stop on Purdis Farm Lane, Bucklesham.
The Ford Focus was also involved in a minor collision with another vehicle – a Black BMW. It is not thought that anybody was injured as a result of the incident.
The driver of the Ford Focus ran from the vehicle but was then detained.
The 18-year-old man of no fixed abode was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent, possession of a knife/bladed article, possession with intent to supply class A drugs, money laundering, failing to stop, dangerous driving, driving without motor insurance, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence and driving with excess drugs.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
A 17-year-old boy in the vehicle from the Saxmundham area, was also arrested on suspicion of taking a motor vehicle without consent, possession of a firearm with intent, possession of a knife/bladed article and offensive weapon, possession with intent to supply class A drugs and money laundering.
Both have been brought to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where they will be questioned by detectives.
• Anybody who witnessed any part of the incident or who has any information are asked to contact Police on 101 quoting reference CAD 175 of today, Thursday, August 31