Ipswich police officer keen to reunite dog with his owner after finding him wandering around the town centre
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich police officer Pc Trevor Spinlove is eager to find the owner of a dog found wandering around Westgate Street in Ipswich today.
The dark brown Staffordshire bull terrier-type dog was discovered walking around near Monsoon and Burger King at around 2.30pm this afternoon, Wednesday, June 28.
PC Spinlove, who arrived soon after a member of the public contacted police, looked in the area for the owner of the dog before popping him in the back of his car and taking him to the police station.
Officers posted a picture of Pc Spinlove with the dog on their Twitter page in the hope the owner would come forward and take the dog home.
“He is a little dark brown staffy-type,” said Pc Spinlove.
“Whenever we find a dog in the town centre we take it to the vets in Berners Street as they have their own microchip scanner.
“He did have a microchip but not one they had microchipped themselves.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 8 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 9 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
“We contacted Petlog to get an identification but they were overwhelmed by the sounds of it.
“But the vet said they would keep care of the dog and try again later.
“He is a really friendly dog, it looks like he was well looked after and wanted to say hello to everyone at the station.
“The vets are going to look after him until the morning but if no owner is found they will have to call the dog warden.
“This is probably only the 5th or 6th lost dog I have dealt with in the 11 years I have been a police officer.
“My colleague ended up naming him Bramble but I doubt that is his real name.”
If this is your dog call Orwell Veterinary Group, in Berners Street, on 01473 257557.