Ipswich: Pool reopening delayed after tile problem
IPSWICH: Bringing swimming back to Crown Pools has been delayed after a problem with newly-installed tiles.
All the pools at the complex are currently closed while major refurbishment is under way.
The leisure and teaching pools have been closed since the end of last year, and the competition pool closed last month.
The leisure pool had been due to reopen last week, but there was a last-minute hitch when the wave machine was switched on.
Operations manager Tim Snook said: “There was a problem with some of the tiles which were lifted off.
“Obviously we had to replace them and that involves a major operation.
“We had to drain the pool, which takes three days.
- 1 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 2 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- 5 How to get a free pint at a Suffolk pub if you have one of 23 surnames
- 6 Man, 26, who distributed indecent images of children avoids prison
- 7 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 8 Rail strike announced over Latitude Festival weekend
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
- 10 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
“The tiles are now being reset – and they will then have to be left for two days before we can start filling it with water again.
“That takes another three days and then we have to test it again before we can re-open.
“It won’t be open again next weekend but hopefully it will be back in action some time next week.”