Ipswich: Press Ball tickets go on sale
IPSWICH: Glitz and glamour is coming to the town centre with this year’s Press Ball, headlined by R&B star Alexander O’Neal – and you could get in on the act!
Tables are filling up rapidly but a new batch of 170 tickets is being released to the public to give everyone the chance to see the Mississippi-born soul sensation in a rare performance in the UK.
The 57-year-old pop star, who is best known for hits like Criticize and What Can I Say to Make You Love Me?, is said to delighted to be coming to perform at the glitzy do.
More than 300 guests are expected at the ball, which is now in its 15th year.
But as well as offering the people of Ipswich a chance to enjoy a night of glamour, the Press Ball is a key fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, a young footballers’ project at a township in Cape Town, and the Ipswich mayor’s charities.
The Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “We are looking forward to a fabulous evening.
“The Press Ball is always an excellent chance to enjoy the best that Ipswich has to offer, and to have such a high-profile star coming to perform is quite a coup for us.”
- 1 Heath fire breaks out near golf club in Ipswich
- 2 The largest science centre in East Anglia opens in Claydon
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Suffolk
- 4 Man fired gun after moaning about noisy neighbours
- 5 Five teens arrested after three hit by air pistol in Ipswich
- 6 Family pay tribute to nature loving and passionate dad
- 7 Filming for popular ITV show TOWIE to take place at Suffolk pub
- 8 Ipswich road cordoned off as police attend incident
- 9 Arrest warrant issued for carer who stole from autistic client
- 10 Green light for plans for 7 homes on site of 'eyesore' office building
The ball will be held at the Corn Exchange on Friday, June 17.
For ticket details, visit www.eveningstar.co.uk or call the mayor’s secretary Christine Christensen on 01473 432641.
n Are you looking forward to this year’s event? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com