Two cars collide outside Willis building
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is easing in Ipswich town centre after two cars collided in the middle of the busy Civic Drive junction.
A Ford Galaxy and a white SEAT car collided at the crossroads of Princes Street and Civic Drive shortly before 1pm today.
Both cars had been blocking the junction but have since been moved to the side of the road.
Police officers had been directing traffic in each direction, but have since stood down.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed that neither drivers suffered any injuries during the collision.
You may also want to watch:
He added it is not yet known if the vehicles will require recovery.
One member of the public at the scene said: "It is a horrible junction, you never know when to go."
- 1 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 3 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 4 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 5 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 6 Go-ahead urged for 255-home first phase of massive new 'garden suburb'
- 7 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 8 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 9 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 10 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex