Train services resume at Ipswich after delays caused by over-running engineering works
Passengers experienced delays at Ipswich train station this morning after over-running engineering works blocked some of the lines.
Train services between Ipswich and Cambridge were cancelled or delayed earlier today due to the ongoing problems at the Ipswich depot.
All lines are now reopen and no services are being delayed.
At the time of the delays, a spokesman for Greater Anglia said: “Due to over-running engineering works at Ipswich some lines are blocked and we cannot get trains out from the depot, so some services have had to be cancelled.
“Network Rail engineers are working as quickly as they can to get it fixed.”
You may also want to watch:
The delays were first reported by Greater Anglia at 10.05am with a number of services cancelled.
If your journey with Greater Anglia was delayed by 30 minutes or more, you may be entitled to compensation for a portion of your fare.
- 1 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 3 Orwell Bridge to close as Met Office issues warning of up to 70mph winds
- 4 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 5 What is the strange hum being heard in Ipswich?
- 6 Go-ahead urged for 255-home first phase of massive new 'garden suburb'
- 7 Man fined after using woman's bank card at Ipswich kebab shop and taxi rank
- 8 Orwell Bridge CLOSES following high winds
- 9 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 10 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex