Ipswich road cordoned off as police attend incident
- Credit: Archant
A residential Ipswich road has been cordoned off by police.
Rands Way is currently blocked off by officers.
A number of police cars are in attendance with police tape blocking off a section of the road.
It is understood that armed police were also in attendance.
The cordon is in place between the Gorse Road turn junction and the Nansen Road junction.
Police were spotted at either end of the road with a number of officers situated within the cordon.
There is also heavy traffic in the area and drivers are advised to avoid the area.
It is not yet clear why the road has been cordoned off by police.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 8 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 9 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 10 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
Suffolk Constabulary has been approached for a comment.
More to follow.