Ipswich: Revamp of Regent Theatre continues ahead of next month’s reopening
- Credit: Archant
The audience at Ipswich’s Regent Theatre should feel more comfortable in future – whatever the weather outside – as the building is getting a summer makeover before reopening at the end of next month.
The auditorium and inner and main foyer are being improved under a new project to install an air management system.
Theatre assistant operations manager Mark Whiting said: “We want to vastly improve audiences’ enjoyment of a performance through making them more comfortable.”
The refurbishment will also see the original ornate ceilings from the 1920s reinstated and redecorated.
Mr Whiting said: “We are thrilled at the opportunity to bring back some of the grandeur of what the theatre was like when it first opened and we want to pay respect to the original décor.”
You may also want to watch:
The box office is still being operated from the Tourist Information Centre situated in St Stephen’s Church opposite the Buttermarket Shopping Centre, where customers will continue to be able to buy tickets between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Saturday.
Customers are still able to purchase tickets by telephone from 01473 433100 and online.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths