Ipswich: Rudolph will be spreading some festive cheer across Ipswich – find out where you can catch a glimpse of him
RUDOLPH will be joined by his team of helpers next week to spread some festive cheer around Ipswich.
The popular reindeer’s journey through the town – organised by the Ipswich Round Table – has been taking place for nearly 50 years and raised thousands of pounds for charity in the process.
This year’s run will start on Monday from the Selkirk Pub, in Selkirk Road, from 6pm and will finish on December 21.
Simon Cooper, Ipswich Round Table chairman, added: “We are delighted to be supporting two very worthy causes this year.
“We hope that Ipswich residents show their support and help us to make this year’s Rudolph Runs a success.”
This year the run will be raising money for Mason’s Magic, which was set up by Mason Fountain to give youngsters with brain tumours treats and help them achieve their dreams.
It will also help Brooke’s Wish to Walk – which raises money to help Brook Lawrance, who suffers from cerebral palsy.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 6 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 7 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 8 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 9 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
Shelley Fountain, Mason’s mum, said: “It is very exciting and we can’t wait to be part of it and raise as much money as we can for Mason’s Magic and Brooke’s Wish To Walk.”
Brooke’s parents, Pete and Sarah Lawrance, added: “We would like to thank everyone who has supported Brooke’s Wish to Walk so far and also thank the Round Table for nominating our daughter’s cause as one of their charities this year.”