Ipswich’s Birkfield Drive reopens at Hawthorn Drive junction after crash
A man has been airlifted to hospital with suspected head injuries after he was hit by a car.
Emergency services were called to Birkfield Drive in Ipswich around 10.55am to reports of a collision between a Ford Focus car and a pedestrian.
The pedestrian – a man in his 30s – was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridgeshire with serious head injuries, according to an east of England Ambulance Service spokesman.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman however said it was understood the man’s condition was not as serious as previously thought, and had suffered “minor injuries”.
The road had been closed near the Hawthorn Drive junction, but was re-opened around 1pm.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call Suffolk Constabulary on 101 quoting CAD 152.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women