Van crashes into lamppost in Ipswich’s Goddard Road after driver suffers suspected medical episode
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A man was rushed to hospital after the van he was driving careered off the road and hit a lamppost.
Emergency services were called to the single-vehicle crash in Goddard Road, Ipswich, near an Asda store, at 8.45pm on Wednesday.
A white Peugeot van came off the road and crashed into a lamppost, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with minor injuries which the police spokesman said were not related to the collision.
The man is believed to have suffered a medical episode.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed into the early hours of Thursday.
Some of the street furniture was damaged as a result of the collision.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid
Workers from Suffolk Highways were called to the scene to carry out repairs.
The van needed to be recovered.