Van crashes into lamppost in Ipswich’s Goddard Road after driver suffers suspected medical episode
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A man was rushed to hospital after the van he was driving careered off the road and hit a lamppost.
Emergency services were called to the single-vehicle crash in Goddard Road, Ipswich, near an Asda store, at 8.45pm on Wednesday.
A white Peugeot van came off the road and crashed into a lamppost, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with minor injuries which the police spokesman said were not related to the collision.
The man is believed to have suffered a medical episode.
The road was closed into the early hours of Thursday.
Some of the street furniture was damaged as a result of the collision.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
Workers from Suffolk Highways were called to the scene to carry out repairs.
The van needed to be recovered.