Ipswich’s Quayside Nursery maintains ‘good’ Ofsted rating
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A nursery on Ipswich Waterfront has retained its ‘good’ Ofsted rating after its latest inspection.
Quayside Nursery on the Suffolk New College campus was inspected earlier this month, where inspectors rated it ‘good’ in all areas.
The report praised staff for providing a “warm, caring environment that welcomes children and their families”, and said that parents were kept well informed of their children’s progress.
The report added that staff supported literacy skills well, and helped youngsters develop good early reading and writing skills to prepare them for the move to school.
Inspector Karen Harris said: “Staff get to know the children in their care well and talk confidently about their likes, dislikes, interests and stages of development.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Staff plan suitably challenging activities to help children achieve the next steps in their learning. This contributes to the good progress they make.”
The nursery was previously inspected in March 2013 where it was given a ‘good’ rating.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast