Ipswich School’s appeal to bring classmates of 1965 together for 50-year reunion
- Credit: Archant
A call has been made for pupils who left a private school 50 years ago to join their former peers at a celebratory lunch.
Four former pupils of Ipswich School, working with the Old Ipswichian Club, are organising next month’s events to mark the anniversary of their leaving the school in Henley Road.
However the quartet, Michael Warner, John Rendle, Nigel Mayhew and John Jewhurst, have lost contact with some of their former friends.
Now they are asking for anyone with connections to the class of ‘65, either through school, work or family, to help them make sure as many as possible will be able to make the lunch.
Mr Warner said: “It’s been a long time since we were at school and we are excited about the chance to come back, to see how things have changed at the school and renew old friendships.
“We really hope this appeal will reach some of our friends who we’ve lost touch with over the years, as it would be lovely to get together and reminisce about our schooldays.”
The event on Saturday, June 6 will include a reunion lunch and a tour around the school.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 3 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 6 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 9 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 10 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
It is taking place between 10.30am and 2.30pm and is free, but places are limited.
Anyone who would like to attend the reunion should contact the Old Ipswichian Club at Ipswich School via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01473 298964.