Ipswich School’s appeal to bring classmates of 1965 together for 50-year reunion
- Credit: Archant
A call has been made for pupils who left a private school 50 years ago to join their former peers at a celebratory lunch.
Four former pupils of Ipswich School, working with the Old Ipswichian Club, are organising next month’s events to mark the anniversary of their leaving the school in Henley Road.
However the quartet, Michael Warner, John Rendle, Nigel Mayhew and John Jewhurst, have lost contact with some of their former friends.
Now they are asking for anyone with connections to the class of ‘65, either through school, work or family, to help them make sure as many as possible will be able to make the lunch.
Mr Warner said: “It’s been a long time since we were at school and we are excited about the chance to come back, to see how things have changed at the school and renew old friendships.
You may also want to watch:
“We really hope this appeal will reach some of our friends who we’ve lost touch with over the years, as it would be lovely to get together and reminisce about our schooldays.”
The event on Saturday, June 6 will include a reunion lunch and a tour around the school.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
It is taking place between 10.30am and 2.30pm and is free, but places are limited.
Anyone who would like to attend the reunion should contact the Old Ipswichian Club at Ipswich School via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01473 298964.