Ipswich Scouts ready for Christchurch Park fireworks display on Saturday, November 1
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Final preparations are under way today as members of the 11th Ipswich Scout Group prepare to welcome thousands of people to Christchurch Park for this year’s fireworks extravaganza.
A spooky procession, performances from spooks and ghouls and even a record-breaking giant pumpkin will be among the attractions at the show on November 1, which has the theme of Spooky Fireworks.
The fireworks display itself, designed and fired by Alchemy Fireworks, will be accompanied by a string of Halloween hits.
In addition to the spooky attractions, Town 102 will be providing family entertainment and there will also be food and a funfair.
Nigel Dixon, of East Coast Productions, said: “With over 100 performers we have pulled out all the stops to create what will be an amazing and unforgettable live animation experience for the people of Suffolk.”
You may also want to watch:
The gates will open at 6pm on November 1 and the display will begin at 8pm.
Discounted tickets are currently available and cost £5 for adults and £3 for children before the day. Entry on the night will cost £7 for adults and £5 for children.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12