Ipswich: Severe delays as motorists attempt to get to work on time
HUNDREDS of motorists were caught up in heavy traffic this morning as vehicles filled the length of Wherstead Road in Ipswich.
The congestion on the busy town road caused tail backs as far as Bourne Hill, near to the Wherstead interchange.
One motorist said the delays meant his journey into work was more than doubled.
He said: “It could me about 30 or 40 minutes to get in to work today because of the traffic, and for a journey which normally takes about ten minutes.
“I was looking to see if there were any road works or crashes, but there was nothing, it is just the usual traffic at that time of day in that area.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it is all a knock on effect caused by the changing of the Duke Street roundabout.”
- Were you caught in the delays? Tell us your thoughts on the congestion. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall