Ipswich: Severe road delays as car hits dog
There were severe delays on the A14 near Ipswich this morning after a car hit a dog on the eastbound carriageway just before the Nacton Interchange.
Police were called to the scene at 8.10am and they formed a rolling road block while the dog, who died in the incident, was taken off the road and the car, which was damaged, was recovered.
The incident caused chaos for motorists travelling to work and there were severe delays from the interchange up to the Orwell Bridge.
Police were on the scene for more than an hour to deal with the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “It has caused quite a bit of traffic congestion around Copdock which is all down to the rolling road block.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, there is also heavy traffic in Ipswich town centre but this has not been linked to the incident on the A14.
Were you caught in the traffic this morning? call 01473 324840.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch