Ipswich: Sex pest banned from town toilets
A man has been banned from all public toilets with more than one solitary cubicle in the town after exposing himself on two occasions in a shopping centre’s urinals.
Thomas Galvin pleaded guilty to engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child under the age of 13 and intentionally exposing himself in public.
The 45-year-old, of Little Gipping Street, Ipswich, must also fulfil a 36-month supervised community service order, complete the Thames Valley sex offender rehabilitation programme and, along with the toilet ban, is prohibited from entering or loitering near schools and play areas or working with males under the age of 16.
Appearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court yesterday, the court heard Galvin exposed and touched his own penis in front of an 11-year-old boy in the public toilets of Tower Ramparts on March 7.
The child had been with his mother who watched Galvin follow him into the men’s facilities.
She immediately alerted the security guards.
The child later said Galvin stood at the urinal next to him touching himself.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
He did not speak to the boy but the boy left the urinal as quickly as he could, the court was told.
In the same toilets on March 24, Galvin exposed himself again – this time to an 18-year-old youth.
The teenager entered the facilities and saw him standing at the urinal with his genitals exposed.
He used a cubicle and when he emerged about a minute later he saw Galvin performing a sex act upon himself.
District Judge David Cooper told Galvin: “You must learn to curb your more unsavoury activities.”