Ipswich sex worker banned from Norwich city centre after being repeatedly found in red light area
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich sex worker has been banned from part of Norwich after admitting loitering for the purposes of prostitution.
Karon Raynor, of Bramford Lane, must also pay a total of £135 in fines and costs after appearing before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich.
Prosecutor Colette Harper said the 45-year-old had been seen by police in Rosary Road in Norwich’s red light area at around 9.20pm on November 11.
When questioned Raynor gave no explanation for being there and left.
The following day at 10.45pm Raynor was seen loitering in the same road and arrested.
Mrs Harper said Raynor had been given two previous prostitution warnings and also had previous convictions.
Originally an application was made for a five-year Criminal Behaviour Order to be made against Raynor.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 8 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
However, it was claimed this was disproportionate and draconian, the court heard.
District Judge Celia Dawson was told Raynor did not object to an order being made, but felt it should only be for two years.
Sentencing Raynor the district judge said: “Because you have persistently offended in that area in Norwich city centre I take the view a Criminal Behaviour Order is necessary to prevent this behaviour continuing, and a nuisance to the public in that area.
Raynor was given a map with an area of Norwich outlined on it. She was told she was prohibited from entering that zone for two years.