Dreams of the main stage after Roma's Latitude debut
- Credit: Rosa Manteiga Castro
Ipswich singer Roma Manteiga-Nicholson performed at Latitude this weekend - her first festival experience at the Suffolk festival.
The 15-year-old, who has just taken her GCSEs at Northgate High School, performed on the Inbetweeners stage on Friday and enjoyed soaking up the festival's atmosphere.
Performing under the stage name ' Roma' the singer is well known in Ipswich for her impressive charity work and said she "absolutely loved" her experience at Latitude. She hopes that one day she will be back performing on the main stage.
Her audience at the festival at Henham Park were treated to a sneak preview of four new, original songs from Roma's latest EP which will be released in the autumn.
Mum Rosa Manteiga Castro said: "Both myself and Roma's dad Darren were extremely proud to see her play a major festival like Latitude.
"She has worked so hard, endlessly fundraising for local charities, busking and performing at events and she deserved a fun day."
In September Roma will follow in the steps of her idol Ed Sheeran as she starts her studies at the Access Creative Music College in Norwich.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich