Ipswich: Slimmer hopes her fight against the pounds will inspire others
- Credit: Archant
A slimmer who shed more than three stone and dropped five dresses hopes her success will inspire others who are trying to lose weight.
Gemma Smith, of Ipswich, said an “incredibly uncomfortable” plane ride to Las Vegas in February was the reason she decided to start shedding the pounds.
An upcoming date as a bridesmaid for a friend’s wedding in Turkey was also a major factor.
The 24-year-old, who was a size 20 at the time, set about her weight-loss mission as soon as she returned home and today she is all smiles with a much slimmer waist line and a new found confidence.
She said: “I feel so much more confident, with the person that I am now. I have more energy, I sleep better at night and have a completely different outlook on life.
“As for the wedding in Turkey the flight was no issue the belt went around easily and my dress was stunning. I felt amazing.”
Gemma, who is still trying to lose more pounds, has now decided to start up her own Slimming World group in the town and she hopes her journey will be an inspiration to others.
- 1 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 5 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 8 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 9 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
She added: “I am so excited to start my own group and help other people with their weight loss journey.”
Gemma’s group at St Helen’s Primary School, Ipswich, will start on Monday at 7.30pm.