Ipswich social worker invited to launch of national awards at the House of Commons
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning social worker from IPswich has rubbed shoulders with MPs at an exclusive parliamentary reception in the House of Commons to launch the Social Worker of the Year Awards.
Emily Tiplady-Ead, who won the Children’s Social Worker of the Year award in November, said she was pleased social work was getting its moment in the spotlight.
“To be invited to the House of Commons to celebrate social work is fantastic,” she said.
“On top of the awards ceremony in November, which was a celebration of everything social work stands for, it is really lovely to have something extra that follows on – it makes it feel really genuinely special.”
At the reception Emily was congratulated by Emma Lewell-Buck MP, shadow minister for children and families, award patron Tim Loughton MP and Isabelle Trowler,the chief social worker for children and families.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lewell-Buck said: “It’s been a pleasure to be here to celebrate with all the winners, many of whom have impacted their wider area, other teams and organisations that they work with which is really important because it gets the message out there every single day about the important work that they do.
“Our profession rarely gets recognised so I hope these awards continue to go from strength to strength.”
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
Entries for this year’s award open on Tuesday March 28.
For more information see here.