Do you remember having a pint at Ipswich's Sporting Farmer pub?
- Credit: Archant
Punters enjoyed drinks at Ipswich's Sporting Farmer pub over the decades it was open - are you in any of these pictures from 1974?
The Princes Street pub, a favourite with Ipswich Town supporters, originally opened in December 1962, close to the old cattle market site near the junction with Portman Road.
The venue's licence had been transferred from the nearby Three Swans pub after it closed the day before.
A modernisation of the pub was carried out in 1990 and the pub was renamed the Drum and Monkey - but it closed in 2016.
The building was demolished in 2018 as Ipswich Borough Council expanded the Portman Road car park.
Archive pictures show pub-goers enjoying pints, smoking and dancing to music being played by one of the many bands to visit the venue over the years.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project