Police and Crime Commissioner Tim Passmore describes latest Ipswich stabbing as ‘cowardly and sickening’
- Credit: AMY GIBBONS
The Suffolk Police and Crime commissioner urged members of the public to get in touch with police if they knew anything about the incident.
Writing on Twitter Mr Passmore said: “Shocked to hear of another serious Ipswich stabbing.
“Cowardly & sickening attack. Any information send to Suffolk Police or Crimestoppers UK.”
Police officers were called to reports of a fight on Norwich Road near the junction with Deben Road at 8.07pm on Friday night. They later found that a 19-year-old man had been stabbed.
The man was taken to hospital where he was receiving treatment for his wounds which were not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was in place in an alleyway on Cromer Road on Saturday morning.
Police have confirmed that the victim was attacked by “a group of three or more males”, and are treating the stabbing as targeted.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store