Ipswich: Star offers reward to aid police appeal after tyres slashed on 18 vehicles
A REWARD of �500 is on offer to anyone who can help trace those responsible for a series of incidents of criminal damage to vehicles in Ipswich.
Between 8pm yesterday and 6am this morning, 18 vehicles in Rosehill Road have had their tyres slashed.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the vandalism to come forward.
Pc Simon Betts from Ipswich said: “We are conducting investigations into these incidents and are urging all residents to keep a close eye on anything suspicious they may see or hear in the community.
“Officers are conducting enquiries and speaking to residents in the area to gather information.
“This is a petty and destructive crime that will not be tolerated.”
The Ipswich Star is offering a �500 reward for information about the incident.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “This is a mindless, moronic act of vandalism which we won’t stand for.
“The Star hopes our �500 reward will get tongues wagging and help trace those responsible.”
The reward will be payable on arrest and conviction.
Anyone with information about the incidents should call Pc Betts on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.