Ipswich: Station staff prove they have the track record for perfection
IPSWICH: Staff at Ipswich railway station are celebrating today after they were presented with an award for outstanding customer service.
Ipswich MP Ben Gummer made the presentation to National Express East Anglia’s customer service team in recognition of receiving top marks in the most recent Service Quality Survey undertaken at the station.
The surveys are undertaken on behalf of the Department for Transport at nominated stations across the network.
All areas of the station are assessed including the car park, ticket office, footbridge, platforms, customer toilets and waiting areas.
Ipswich station scored 100 per cent in every area in meeting the expected standards of presentation and customer service.
Peter Meades, media manager for National Express, said: “As part of our franchise contract we’re required to undergo mystery shopping surveys on a regular basis.
“Staff are assessed on areas such as how they handle customer enquiries and the information provision at the station.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
“The surveys are carried out by independent people, not by any of the station or national express staff.
“Usually scores will come in at 90pc plus, which is what you would expect, but it’s quite an achievement to get 100pc.
“It’s the first time Ipswich has scored 100pc so it’s obviously a big achievement for them.”
Ipswich MP Ben Gummer was full of praise for the station.
He said: “I think this is further proof that Ipswich is the best town in the country.
“Even its station is scoring 100pc in customer satisfaction surveys.
“I know from personal experience how helpful the staff are here and it’s nice that this award recognises that. I think everyone here should be very proud.”
Andrew Goodrum, National Express East Anglia’s customer services director, added: “I am very proud of the customer service team at Ipswich station for achieving the maximum 100pc.
“It reflects their dedication and efforts in providing high standards of customer service at the station, under the leadership of station manager Alan Boagey.”
Later this month customer facilities at Ipswich station will receive a further boost with the completion of the project to install passenger lifts and a new footbridge.
n How do you rate the service at Ipswich station? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com