Ipswich street brawl drama
A MAN was arrested today when a huge brawl involving up to 30 people broke out in an Ipswich street.Police and ambulance were called to Forfar Close in north-east Ipswich at about midnight to reports of the large fight in the road.
A MAN was arrested today when a huge brawl involving up to 30 people broke out in an Ipswich street.
Police and ambulance were called to Forfar Close in north-east Ipswich at about midnight to reports of the large fight in the road.
No one was seriously hurt in the clash, which saw nine police officers sent to the scene but paramedics treated people for minor injuries.
A police spokesman said: “We were called just before midnight to reports of a big fight involving males and females fighting.”
He added that the row was thought to originate from a dispute between households, but no weapons were thought to be involved.
The police stayed in Forfar Close until about 1am today but the road was not closed.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 6 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 7 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 8 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Ipswich
- 10 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service added: “We were called to a fight in the road.
“Thirty people were fighting. Patients were treated on the scene and no one was seriously injured.”
One man was arrested on suspicion of assault and causing harassment, alarm or distress.
Suffolk police's investigation into the fight is continuing today. Anyone with information should call the police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
n. Were you involved in the clash or do you live in the close? Contact The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org