Ipswich: Stunning sunshine lights up Ipswich - and there’s more to come
Glorious sunshine beamed down upon Ipswich as the mercury soared to 15C – matching temperatures in some parts of Europe.
And the good news is the mild weather is set to remain across the weekend – much to the joy of Ipswich residents.
The sunshine brought with it blue skies and summer-like temperatures, with dozens of people donning shorts and flip-flops.
Jim Bacon, of regional forecaster Weatherquest, said a top temperature of 15C was recorded in Ipswich yesterday – the same as popular tourist destinations Barcelona, Ibiza and Malta.
“Today there is still expected to be an easterly breeze with similar temperatures as yesterday but with a bit of cloud,” he said. “All in all not too bad a day.
“There will be much more cloud especially in the morning than we had yesterday.”
Scores of people made the most of the sunny weather with a walk along the Waterfront or enjoyed picnics in the park.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 10 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
The weather is expected to remain dry and settled until the end of the week with the possibility for a patch of cloud to produce some showers to the west of Suffolk.
“Overall the high pressure will stay with us,” Mr Bacon added.
“People should just be aware that the wind coming from the east can make it feel fresher than it actually it, which it can sometimes do.”
n Send us your sunny pictures – visit our news and photo sharing website – www.iwitness24.co.uk.
n Will you be jetting off on a foreign holiday this summer or will you be taking advantage of a staycation break? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com