Man arrested on suspicion of immigration offence
- Credit: MARTLESHAM POLICE
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of an immigration offence in Ipswich.
The British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Ipswich Station at 7.50pm, on Tuesday, November 20, to a report of a fare evader on a service from Lowestoft.
The 47-year-old suspect was then arrested on suspicion of illegal entry to the UK.
The man was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for further questioning.
He remains in custody as the case is passed over to the Home Office, who will continue the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today