Man arrested on suspicion of immigration offence
- Credit: MARTLESHAM POLICE
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of an immigration offence in Ipswich.
The British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Ipswich Station at 7.50pm, on Tuesday, November 20, to a report of a fare evader on a service from Lowestoft.
The 47-year-old suspect was then arrested on suspicion of illegal entry to the UK.
The man was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for further questioning.
He remains in custody as the case is passed over to the Home Office, who will continue the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot