'Don't be alarmed': fire crews do high-rise training in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Archant
People in Ipswich have been told not to worry if they see a large number of firefighters in the town centre this evening.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service is conducting a training exercise at the AXA building in Civic Drive from 7pm this evening (January 26).
In a tweet Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Don't be alarmed if you see a large number of fire engines and firefighters in the vicinity of Civic Drive and Portman Road in Ipswich this evening.
"Crews are taking part in a training exercise at the AXA building from 7pm."
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Tonight’s exercise is the first of four we will be running over the next few weeks.
"We are bringing teams in from across the county to simulate responding to a fire in a high-rise residential building.
"Teams will be looking to exercise implementing safe systems of work, tackling the fire, ensuring residents safety, and working with partner agencies.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 'Amazing start' for baker who sells treats out of horsebox
"We would like to thank AXA for their support with this training exercise."