Looking back to the 1989 Ipswich Gang Show
- Credit: John Kerr
Singing, dancing and plenty of laughter – it’s the Ipswich Gang Show in 1989.
The Scouts, Girl Guides and their leaders took to the stage with a variety of acts to put on a fine evening of entertainment to entertain packs and units from across the county plus parents and supporters.
Ipswich Star photographer John Kerr went along to the show – capturing the great diversity on stage as the young performers dressed in colourful clown outfits illuminated the stage with their happy faces and older performers donned Hawaiian themed outfits.
Camp fire singing as well as extravagant dance routines provided lots for people to enjoy.
This year’s show – taking place at the Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, Ipswich, this month – will be the 81st year.
You may also want to watch:
Did you perform in the Ipswich 1989 Gang Show? To share your memories, email email@example.com
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing