Looking back to the 1989 Ipswich Gang Show
- Credit: John Kerr
Singing, dancing and plenty of laughter – it’s the Ipswich Gang Show in 1989.
The Scouts, Girl Guides and their leaders took to the stage with a variety of acts to put on a fine evening of entertainment to entertain packs and units from across the county plus parents and supporters.
Ipswich Star photographer John Kerr went along to the show – capturing the great diversity on stage as the young performers dressed in colourful clown outfits illuminated the stage with their happy faces and older performers donned Hawaiian themed outfits.
Camp fire singing as well as extravagant dance routines provided lots for people to enjoy.
This year’s show – taking place at the Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, Ipswich, this month – will be the 81st year.
You may also want to watch:
Did you perform in the Ipswich 1989 Gang Show? To share your memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 4 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Two cars crash in Crown Street, Ipswich
- 10 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections