Ipswich: Suffolk New College students shine at awards ceremony
HUNDREDS of students gathered to celebrate a year of hardwork and dedication at a special awards ceremony.
Suffolk New College welcomed 900 students to the End of Year Celebration 2012 earlier this week, an event awarded to students for their hard work in their respective fields.
Two awards were sponsored by the Ipswich Star, one awarding Simone Pearl as most outstanding in media on a level two diploma. The second award went to Leanne Walsworth of the sixth form centre.
Countless generous business representatives donated prizes to the award winners who were nominated by their tutors for their exceptional work. The prizes ranged from hairdressing equipment and products, to gift vouchers and cash prizes.
Professor Dave Muller, principal of the college, said: “As a provider of high quality further education, all of us at the college are justifiably proud of our students.“
You may also want to watch:
The occasion saw guest speakers Kieran Gellear, a successful recording artist, and Karen Finch, managing director of The Hearing Care Centre, take to the stage.
n Have you won a special award? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar