Days Gone By: Throwback Thursday remembers THAT Norwich City blunder that saw Blues crowned derby winners in 1996
- Credit: ANDREW HENDRY / ARCHANT
Throwback Thursday returns once again, this time we look back to April 1996, and features Orwell Park School, Crown Pools and the Railway pub in Ipswich.
We kick things off in Felixstowe where Easter festivities were well underway with a fun fair being set up by the seafront.
Orwell Park School was certainly enjoying the Easter celebrations as children across several year groups took the chance to enjoy a fun day at the school.
Also in April 1996, Crown Pools staff visited Orwell Park School to take on an assault course to test their fitness with a number of different obstacles.
The Railway pub in Ipswich, who have played host to Status Quo among plenty of other bands, held another gig night but this time with Eddie and the Hot Rods performing.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, we remember a time that will stand firmly in the minds of Ipswich Town fans, as Norwich Goalkeeper Bryan Gunn missed a kick and let in the winning goal for the Blues.
To share your own pictures and memories with us from April 1996, email our picture desk.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront