What is the yellow banana-shaped car causing a stir in Ipswich?
- Credit: Archant
It has surprised onlookers with its distinctive banana-like shape - but just what is the yellow bike/car causing a stir in Ipswich?
The vehicle has been spotted numerous times on journeys about the town in previous years, showing surprising speed in being able to keep up with the traffic.
On Wednesday, June 26 people got a closer glimpse at the vehicle when it was parked up in Dogs Head Street, Ipswich.
The bike/car has also been widely shared by people who have spotted it out and about in the town on social media.
The three-wheeled vehicle appears to have a cockpit which lifts up, for a person to climb inside - meaning it is one of the few types of bike to shield the rider from the rain.
You may also want to watch:
Writing on the side seems to suggest it is a velomobile, a mixture between a bike and a car which is human-powered.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties