Ipswich: Support our Toni to victory in singing competition
We’re right behind you, Toni!
That is the message from the Ipswich Star today as we throw our support behind singing sensation Toni Warne in her quest to win talent show, The Voice.
The former Chantry High School student, who won Bob Monkhouse’s Opportunity Knocks three times, made it through to this weekend’s show with her rendition of Tina Turner’s Proud Mary.
Toni’s friend, Lisa Barnard, of Station Street, Ipswich, said: “She’s been doing very well but it was nerve-racking at the weekend – I was sobbing in the audience. I have always thought her voice is fantastic.
“Personally I think she should go all the way because she’s got the voice.”
The 34-year-old has been praised by a number of industry artists for her style of singing.
At her audition Toni, who suffers from alopecia, performed Will Young’s Leave Right Now, wowing the judges.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 4 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
After her performance, Sir Tom Jones said: “You are what I call a real singer. You sound fantastic.”
Singer Jessie J added: “Your tone is so old-school, and I felt that you could teach me something. So, please let’s hang out and just have fun.”
As Toni continues to make her way to a big recording contract, the Star is urging readers to help her along the way by picking up the phone to see her through to the next round.
Mrs Barnard added: “My message is to pick up the phone and vote for her. She needs people in Ipswich to get behind a local girl.”
Our call for people to vote for Toni cames as the Star’sI Love Ipswich campaign continues to shout about the great things in the town.
n Do you have a message of support from Toni? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, or email email@example.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org