Ipswich: Talented performers set to perform in front of Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
FROM magicians and novelty acts to singers and dancers, it is the platform for people to showcase an array of weird and wonderful acts.
And the message from the bosses of Britain’s Got Talent was clear today – Ipswich has got talent.
Scores of people braved the wintry conditions on Friday to perform at the show’s talent spotting day, the final stage before the live auditions, at Morrisons in Sproughton Road.
And an impressed panel of judges today revealed a selection of the performers could soon be appearing on our TV screens in front of Simon Cowell and his team.
A spokeswoman for Morrisons, which sponsors the programme and organised the event, said: “It went very well and I can report we have got one or two acts we think have made the grade and will be invited to audition in front of the judges.”
You may also want to watch:
Morrisons has set up a number of talent spotting days in the UK to give people who do not live near major cities the chance to audition.
Singer Rachel Foskett, 26, of Ipswich, was among the scores of people vying for their chance to to perform on the live stage as she sang Etta James’s, At Last.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
She said: “It went OK. The judges were really nice and welcoming and they put me at ease.
“You never can tell and with Britain’s Got Talent there are a wide variety of acts but you have to go for it.
“I would really like to sing in front of Simon Cowell and see what he has got to say.”
On this year’s show, Simon Cowell will be joined by a judging panel of Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams.
In previous years, winners of the show have included opera singer Paul Potts, gymnastic troupe Spelbound and dancing group Diversity.