Ipswich: Teen in court facing charge of raping 51-year-old woman
IPSWICH: A teenager accused of raping a 51-year-old Ipswich woman will today appear in court to face the charges against him.
Reece Davies, of Star Lane, will appear at Ipswich Crown Court for a plea hearing.
Police charged the 18-year-old with rape and assault occasioning actual bodily harm after an alleged attack in Wroxham Road, Ipswich, on Sunday, July 17.
The teenager was remanded in custody by magistrates at an earlier hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court.
At the hearing, prosecutor John Hardwick, told the court the pair shared a taxi to the junction of Wroxham Road and Oulton Road after both spent the evening in Ipswich town centre.
The court heard the teenager has lived at The Foyer – which provides accommodation and training for 46 young people – since November 2007.
He has recently been working at a recycling centre in Ipswich.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station