Ipswich teenager with a fear of heights prepares for charity skydive
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich teenager is getting ready to brave her fear of heights by taking part in a skydive for charity.
Former Northgate sixth form pupil Beth Nunn has said she is ready to put her fears to one side to help raise money £400 for mental health charity Mind.
“I am absolutely terrified of heights, but I thought it was right with Mind to overcome a fear of mine,” she said. “My mum is just as worried as me.”
The 18–year–old is hoping to do the skydive at Beccles Airfield in May next year to coincide with her nineteenth birthday.
She added that, although she is not looking forward to scaling the dizzying heights, it will be worthwhile when she gets back to earth.
You may also want to watch:
“I have got lots of friends and family who have gotten help from Mind,” said Beth. “I have always wanted to do something that is out of my comfort zone.”
To make a donation, visit www.gofundme.com/bethscharityskydive
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned