Ipswich: Teens arrested after pursuit by police helicopter
IPSWICH: Three teenagers are in police custody this morning after being arrested when police mounted a full-scale search in Ipswich.
Police officers were sent to search south west Ipswich yesterday after spotting a teenager suspected of stealing a bike from the skate park near the town’s Stoke Bridge on Monday.
The suspect fled after he was stopped by officers on foot patrol yesterday, sparking a full-scale search which also involved the force helicopter.
The 13-year-old was with two other teenagers when he was stopped by police who called in the police helicopter when all three fled.
The trio were arrested when they were traced to Pimpernel Road.
A police spokesman said that a 13-year-old was arrested on suspicion of robbery.
The two other teenagers arrested are being questioned in relation to separate incidents.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 6 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 7 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 8 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
A 13-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of theft after a mobile phone was stolen from an address in Mountbatten Court, Ipswich, on December 4.
A 15-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm following an incident which took place on November 15 in Tower Ramparts.
A police spokesman said: “Three men have been arrested around the Hawthorn Drive area. Two of them were arrested for historic crimes.”
n Did you see the drama unfold? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org