Ipswich: Teens arrested after pursuit by police helicopter
IPSWICH: Three teenagers are in police custody this morning after being arrested when police mounted a full-scale search in Ipswich.
Police officers were sent to search south west Ipswich yesterday after spotting a teenager suspected of stealing a bike from the skate park near the town’s Stoke Bridge on Monday.
The suspect fled after he was stopped by officers on foot patrol yesterday, sparking a full-scale search which also involved the force helicopter.
The 13-year-old was with two other teenagers when he was stopped by police who called in the police helicopter when all three fled.
The trio were arrested when they were traced to Pimpernel Road.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said that a 13-year-old was arrested on suspicion of robbery.
The two other teenagers arrested are being questioned in relation to separate incidents.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
A 13-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of theft after a mobile phone was stolen from an address in Mountbatten Court, Ipswich, on December 4.
A 15-year-old was also arrested on suspicion of possessing a firearm following an incident which took place on November 15 in Tower Ramparts.
A police spokesman said: “Three men have been arrested around the Hawthorn Drive area. Two of them were arrested for historic crimes.”
n Did you see the drama unfold? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to email@example.com