‘You are saving our lives’ – messages to those fighting virus on the frontline
- Credit: CRAIG HILL
Giant ‘thank yous’ and rainbows have been appearing on roads, windows and roundabouts as Suffolk continues to pay tribute to the incredible healthcare workers risking their lives to help combat coronavirus.
Today we are celebrating our amazing NHS and care workers who have been going above and beyond to fight the coronavirus crisis, by sharing your amazing messages and photos to our NHS heroes.
In today’s batch of photos sent in by our readers, we have three-year-old Archie, from Ipswich, who has created a colourful picture dedicated to the NHS, which he was very excited to put in his window for everyone to see.
Not only has Archie made this picture in tribute to the NHS, but he created it as a special thank you to his auntie, who is a ward sister of the respiratory and Covid-19 ward at Ipswich Hospital and his uncle who is a paramedic.
Also featured among the thank you messages are sisters Lydia, Ruby and Bella, who with the help of their mum and dad, coloured their Ipswich driveway with chalk to share their thanks to the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
Dad Craig Hill said: “My wife Sophie Dunn and our three children coloured our driveway to thank the NHS in the magnificent work they are doing to save our lives.”
We want to offer more of our readers a chance to say a personal thank you, or submit pictures and images of the NHS weekly applause, which we can then compile for publication both in print and online.
Here is our second selection of videos and photos, following last week’s submissions - thank you to everyone who contributed.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused
Send us your NHS thank yous as landscape video clips of no more than 10 seconds, or as photo messages, together with full details of who is featured (including name and address).
This story is in association with Gibbins of Suffolk.