Ipswich: Thieves steal bag full of prescription medicine from man on Fore Street
- Credit: Archant
Thieves have stolen a bag from a man which contained prescription medication in Ipswich.
The victim was at a phone box outside the Fore Street baths around 5pm on Thursday when the thieves struck.
He was making a phone call and noticed a group of seven men standing nearby. While on the phone the man looked up and saw the group run away off towards a church.
He then noticed that his two bags; a black and blue coloured Reebok rucksack and large black holdall bag with silver handles had been stolen.
The bags contained clothes and a number of prescription drugs. Police would like to remind anyone that prescription drugs should only be taken by those they are prescribed for and can cause harm.
One of the men is described as white, aged between 16 to 19-years-old, had dirty blonde coloured hair and was wearing a blue t-shirt.
A second man is described as white and was wearing a green t-shirt. A third man is described as of mixed race and was taller than the others but was under six foot tall.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 7 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 8 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 9 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
The other men in the group were not seen.
Anyone with information relating to this crime should contact PCSO Tracey Quinton from Ipswich South East Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101 quoting IC/14/2814 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.