Ipswich: Three-vehicle accident on Norwich Road - Motorist taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A three-vehicle accident left a motorist in hospital and damaged a set of traffic lights in Ipswich this morning.
Police and paramedics were called to Norwich Road at around 7.15am following the collision close to the railway bridge near the Ashcroft Road junction.
Two people were treated for minor injuries, with one being taken to Ipswich Hospital for precautionary measures, an East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said a woman suffered minor back injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The control box of a set of traffic lights was also damaged in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police advised motorists to avoid the area during the morning rush hour.
The collision involved a red Renault Clio, a silver Renault Scenic and a silver Audi A4.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot