Ipswich Town badge comes loose again at Portman Road ground
- Credit: JAKE FOXFORD
The Ipswich Town badge fixed to the side of the club’s Portman Road stadium has come loose again, and is flapping in the wind.
Staff are aware of the issue, which is affecting a metal panel at the bottom of a large sign, located at the top of the Sir Alf Ramsey stand.
Bosses say they are monitoring the situation, adding that it will be fixed as soon as possible.
The badge does not stand above a public footpath – but is above the gated area currently used as a loading bay for nearby Office Outlet and Better Gym.
News of the panel coming loose again comes the day after Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service took part in a pre-planned training exercise which saw firefighters look at the badge.
You may also want to watch:
Two engines were seen outside the stadium yesterday afternoon, and one vehicle – which had lifting equipment – was used to hoist firefighters closer to the badge, which appeared to be damaged.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk