Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- Credit: PA
An Ipswich Town supporter has been banned from Portman Road after racially abusing one of the Blues' players on social media.
The club were notified of a social media post, which included a racial slur directed at a Town player, after the game with Cambridge United on Saturday.
Town have identified the author of the post and confirmed they will be banned from Portman Road indefinitely.
The police have also been informed of the matter.
Ipswich Town are also aware of a post on social media that showed an offensive and homophobic sticker stuck to a lamppost on Saturday.
The club said they are conducting an investigation into the matter and said any supporters found in possession of offensive material will be reported to the police.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction